Sunday, November 16, 2014

Musicians - Get More (and Better) Google Plus Followers!

I recently wrote an article for Target Audience Magazine - Google Plus Is Not Dying, But Your Profile Might Be. This article explained how I quickly increased my Google Plus followers, not just with numbers, but with people who are relevant to my interests (music), and who are more likely to engage with my profile and my posts (both points are very important!)

Since then I have continued to learn better ways to use Circloscope to find active and relevant followers, and will continue to share what I learn here. If you haven't read the first article yet, start there, as this will just build on what I've already written.

Today I learned that sometimes Google doesn't like it when you do a deep search for engagers using Circloscope. I had run a search from Circloscope on "Engagers of my last 20 posts (not in my circles)" and Circloscope had returned nearly 1700 results. As I started trying to add some of these to my newly created circle, I kept getting a "check your internet connection" error. I knew it wasn't my internet connection, but had a suspicion, so I clicked over to my profile tab and tried to load something from my profile. Sure enough, I got a thing from Google saying they had detected unusual activity and wanted me to prove I was human. I entered the code, switched back to Circloscope, and everything started working fine.

Another tip for when you use the "find engagers.." feature in Circloscope and get a lot of results : the result are initially sorted by first name - change the sort to "recently updated". This lets you start adding the most active people first - and those are the ones we want!

More tips to come soon - and if you have learned any tips, please share them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment