Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lubbock Rocks! KFMX Birthday Bash features big names, including Saliva, Puddle of Mudd and Buckcherry

I've spent a little time in Lubbock and I know from experience - there's usually not much to do. April 19th will certainly be an exception though, with performances from Buckcherry, Scott Weiland, Puddle of Mudd, Powerman 5000, Saliva, The Virgin Mary's and The Hunger.

Ticket prices are very reasonable - $38.75 for general admission (get tickets here)- so I expect it will get a good turnout IF they will just promote this thing properly! With names like this, they could easily attract attendance from far outside Lubbock, but only if people know about it.

Once again, I am underwhelmed by the promotion of a Texas music event. KFMX should be blasting this all over the internet. I went to their home page and there's NOTHING there! There is a small link that says "birthday bash" which takes you to this page : kfmx.com/buckcherry-to-headline-the-33rd-fmx-birthday-bash-video/, and the page isn't too bad, it's just not promoted well. This should be HUGE news for Lubbock, and should be featured front and center on the radio station's home page.

Granted, it's not near as bad as the Mazda event.. um, excuse me, the Tall City Blues Fest I mentioned in another post, but with these big names I can't believe they're not promoting it better.

Regardless, it's a great show, the timing is good for a rock show (the eve of 420), and I wish them great success. If anyone in the Lubbock area knows more about this event and if it is being promoted better locally, please let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment